Understanding NFPA 101 Fire Alarm Requirements – 2012 Edition (AFAA023) and A User’s Guide To Simplifying NFPA 72 And The NEC (AFAA034)
When – April 9 & 10, 2018
Location – Colorado Springs – Colorado Springs Fire Department #14 1875 Dublin Blvd Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – April 9 & 10, 2018
- Review the format of NFPA 101, Life Safety Code – Introduction and discussion of Codes and Standards
- Discuss the general fire alarm requirements – Discuss Specific fire alarm requirements by occupancy type
- Practical exercises – Discussion of fire alarm system requirements
- Understanding the NICET CBT Process – CBT Testing Tips
- NFPA 72 Structure – Finding Information in NFPA 72 efficiently
- NEC Fire Alarm Wiring Requirements – Sample Quizzes
Day One – This seminar is beneficial for designers of fire alarm systems, project managers or lead installers responsible for fire alarm systems and authorities having jurisdiction responsible for fire alarm system plan review and/or acceptance testing. Discussions of general and specific requirements for fire alarm systems and practical exercises intended to improve the participant’s knowledge of how to use the building/fire codes for determining fire alarm requirements. This seminar is based upon the 2012 edition of NFPA 101.
Day Two – In this interactive seminar, each participant will learn about the NICET Computer Based Testing (CBT) process, learn CBT testing tips and how to locate information in NFPA 72, 2016 more efficiently. In addition, the fire alarm wiring requirements of the 2014 NEC will be reviewed. NICET has updated the Fire Alarm Systems tests to these two codes, and this seminar is
designed to prepare you to successfully obtain your certification. Sample quizzes will be given to use your new skills.
(14) Fourteen Contact Hours Continuing Education – Participant must attend entire seminar to receive credit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Fire and Building Inspectors / Plan Reviewers / Contractors / Designers
- Individuals preparing to take a NICET Fire Alarm Systems test (any level)
MATERIAL YOU SHOULD BRING
- Notebook, Calculator, NFPA 101 – 2012 edition
- NFPA 72 – 2016 edition
MATERIAL WE PROVIDE
- Student workbook / reference manual
IMPORTANT – YOU MUST BRING A COPY OF NFPA 101 2012 OR ORDER A COPY FROM US.
(If you are ordering from AFAA please place the order 2 weeks prior to the course start date)
CEU hours for Engineers- The Registered Continuing Education Providers Program (RCEP) is a single comprehensive education management system for engineers, surveyors, design professionals and quality education providers. Managed by the American Council of Engineering Companies.
Contact AFAA with questions at 614-416-8076 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Double Play Registration link – for those who want to attend both days, April 9th and 10th. Registration will close April 6th.